It’s no secret that giving and receiving gifts is one of the highlights of the holiday season. However, we all get so caught up in finding the perfect gift and making sure it’s beautifully wrapped, we forget how these actions may impact the environment.
Believe it or not, practicing sustainability during the holidays is quite easy. Here are a few ways you can help the environment:
- Give an experience as a gift like a trip to the zoo, cooking classes, tickets to a concert, going to the movies, etc. – no gift box required.
- Give a donation to a group that supports sustainability – it’ll make you feel good.
- Wrap your gifts in reusable bags or choose recycled wrapping paper.
- Use an ecard to send your holiday greetings instead of greeting cards – nothing goes in the landfill.
- Set your table with actual plates and silverware – forget the paper plates
- Skip the tinsel on your tree, it’s not recyclable and let’s be honest, it just makes a mess!
At DataShield we do our part to protect the environment. DataShield’s shredded paper and destroyed hard drives are never sent to landfill. 100% of shredded paper and electronic waste is fully processed and recycled into new products.