Whether you represent a business upgrading electronic equipment or simply looking for an outlet for that box of unwanted electronics in your basement, it’s important to do your electronic recycling homework. All e-waste services are not created equal.
5 Questions for Prospective Recyclers:
- What happens to the items after I bring them to you?
- Do you have a written landfill policy?
- Do you export material to developing countries?
- Do you comply with local and state e-waste regulations?
- Do your downstream vendors comply with the EPA?
Hire a Company You Can Trust
There are serious repercussions for electronic recyclers mishandling material which could ultimately mean trouble for you. Make sure to select a reputable electronic recycling company with staff able to address any questions you have about where your e-waste will ultimately end up.